- Thu, 12:20: "Purgatory is not a chamber of horrors. It is a place where shallowness and selfishness are overcome." - Fr. Michae… https://t.co/dN9mYHyhUe
- Thu, 12:37: If you have the book 'To the Priests, Our Lady's Beloved Sons,' read #486, Mary speaks about the 'Great trial for the Church, schisms, etc.
- Thu, 12:54: Sad times we live in! https://t.co/7H1W2lXyKT
- Thu, 13:06: These people should be arrested for threatening Trump & Pence! https://t.co/A9YlucO0UM
- Thu, 14:24: RT @luvGodncountry: HA! #Inauguration https://t.co/cUTTucDm1T
- Thu, 14:25: It's getting nasty! https://t.co/ft7JmNx5HC
- Thu, 14:29: I used to go to St. Agnes years ago when I lived in NYC. I remember Fr. Rutler celebrating the Tradition Latin Mass… https://t.co/wmrAMaCPMg
- Thu, 14:38: What a great woman! God bless you, Alveda! https://t.co/0R5OVeFUTx
- Thu, 16:06: RT @Church_POP: A window back in time! #socool #history https://t.co/hTk71RJb4p
- Thu, 20:41: https://t.co/DAqv3NIfL3 https://t.co/JG13BDuItB
Rock for Life
4755 Jefferson Davis Highway
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
December 25, 1994 “Dear children! Today I rejoice with you and I am praying with you for peace: peace in your hearts, peace in your families, peace in your desires, peace in the whole world. May the King of Peace bless you today and give your peace. I bless you and I carry each one of you in my heart. Thank you for having responded to my call.”
“Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world.”
Saint John Paul II
Saint Sebastian and Saint Fabian
Artist: Anonymous (Spanish)
Medium: Oil and tempera on panel. 141.4x89.5 cm.
Location: The Hermitage, St. Petersburg, Russia
DOUBLE / RED
And he, lifting up his eyes on his disciples, said: "Blessed are ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God. Blessed are ye that hunger now: for you shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for you shall laugh. Blessed shall you be when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you and shall reproach you and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. Be glad in that day and rejoice: for behold, your reward is great in heaven, For according to these things did their fathers to the prophets."
LifeNews.com Pro-Life News Report
Thursday, January 19, 2017
|For pro-life news updated throughout the day, visit LifeNews.com.|
• UN Ambassador Nominee Nikki Haley Will Oppose Making Abortion a Human Right: Im Strongly Pro-Life
• Pro-Life Ronna Romney McDaniel Elected Republican Party Chair, Wants to Keep GOP Platform Pro-Life
• Planned Parenthoods Womens March Rejects Former Abortion Clinic Director Abby Johnson
• Beyoncé, Katy Perry, and Scarlett Johansson Push Planned Parenthoods Pro-Abortion Womens March
More Pro-Life News
• Abortionist: I Provide a Safe Spaceand a Warm, Supportive Environment to Kill Babies in Abortions
• Im a Woman, But the March for Women is Excluding Me Because Im Pro-Life
• Planned Parenthood Kills 35% of All of the Unborn Babies Aborted in the United States
• 76% of the Abortion Clinics That Were Operating in 1991 Have Closed
• Shes One of the Rare Pregnant Moms to Go Into Planned Parenthood and Come Out With a Baby. Heres How
• March for Life Director Jeanne Mancini Wants to End Abortion: Lets Make Abortion Unthinkable
• Anti-Trump Protesters Force Black Pastor to Cancel His Pro-Life Rally
• 272,000 Babies Were Killed With the Abortion Pill That Slowly Starves a Baby to Death
• Woman Gives Birth to Three-Parent Baby After Her DNA Was Combined With Two Other People
• Arkansas Committee Passes Ban on Dismemberment Abortions Tearing Babies Limb From Limb
• Chinese Couples in Hong Kong are Using Prenatal Testing to Kill Girls in Sex-Selection Abortions
UN Ambassador Nominee Nikki Haley Will Oppose Making Abortion a Human Right: Im Strongly Pro-Life
During her confirmation hearing Wednesday, Trump UN Ambassador nominee Nikki Haley told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee that she will oppose abortion on an international level, saying she is strongly pro-life.
Pro-Life Ronna Romney McDaniel Elected Republican Party Chair, Wants to Keep GOP Platform Pro-Life
Michigan Republican Party chair Ronna Romney McDaniel was elected today as the new chair of the national Republican Party.
Planned Parenthoods Womens March Rejects Former Abortion Clinic Director Abby Johnson
The pro-abortion Womens March on Washington deleted another pro-life group from its partner list this week, contradicting its self-described mission of inclusiveness.
Beyoncé, Katy Perry, and Scarlett Johansson Push Planned Parenthoods Pro-Abortion Womens March
The Womens March on Washington officially is now pro-abortion, excluding millions of women who support rights for all human beings, including the unborn.
Abortionist: I Provide a Safe Spaceand a Warm, Supportive Environment to Kill Babies in Abortions
When abortion practitioners use warm and fuzzy terms to describe their work, they leave out one important detail about what exactly their job entails.
Im a Woman, But the March for Women is Excluding Me Because Im Pro-Life
I am surprised, however, that the leaders of the Womens March on Washingtonand most feminists todayare so unwilling to listen to an alternative feminist perspective
Looking for an inspiring and motivating speaker for your pro-life event? Don't have much to spend on a high-priced speaker costing several thousand dollars? Contact LifeNews at firstname.lastname@example.org about having LifeNews Editor Steven Ertelt speak at your event.
Planned Parenthood Kills 35% of All of the Unborn Babies Aborted in the United States
This week, the Guttmacher Institute came out with a new report on national abortion numbers in the United States for 2013 and 2014.
76% of the Abortion Clinics That Were Operating in 1991 Have Closed
A pro-abortion billboard brandishing the phrase Im Grateful for My Abortion is upsetting women across Cleveland, Ohio this week.
Daily Pro-Life News Report
Receive a free daily email report from LifeNews.com with the latest pro-life news stories on abortion, euthanasia and stem cell research. Sign up here.
Receive a free twice-weekly email report with the latest pro-life news headlines on abortion, euthanasia and stem cell research. Sign up here.
- Wed, 14:51: Cry, baby, cry, Put your finger in your eye, And tell your mother it wasn't I. https://t.co/zXASwx0vux
- Wed, 14:59: I never knew! https://t.co/Au4XW3rdth
- Wed, 15:20: RT @LifeSite: Fr. Pavone: Trump presidency will lead to ‘real’ #prolife results. @FrFrankPavone https://t.co/rWXx6QHvlB
- Wed, 15:25: RT @HispanicsTrump: Democrats also boycotted Lincoln's inauguration because he had this radical idea of ending slavery. Let that sink in...…
- Wed, 15:28: Wow! https://t.co/RU0OsLIlXu
- Wed, 15:49: Purgatory is not where people go for a "second chance." It's only for those whom God has destined for heaven! https://t.co/3z74HdsQSV
- Wed, 15:58: RT @jhwesten: BREAKING: Three bishops launch ‘spiritual crusade’ urging Pope to rebuke Communion for adulterers https://t.co/JfzrQzalVr
- Wed, 16:02: Can't go but will be united in prayer! https://t.co/MS6uqguQvg
- Wed, 16:51: RT @johnthebaptistm: May the Lady of All Nations who once was Mary, be our Advocate! Amen https://t.co/4rzB9mUs7z
- Wed, 16:52: RT @johnthebaptistm: Fatima visionary predicted 'final battle' would be over marriage, family https://t.co/ehKXuplMvx
SAINTS MARIUS, MARTHA, AUDIFAX,
SIMPLE / RED
These saints -- a family of father, mother, and two sons -- were Persians. In the year 270 they made a pilgrimage to Rome, one of the many proofs that the faithful, even at that early date, held the Holy See to be the center of Christendom. Emperor Claudius was then persecuting the Church, and these holy Persians gave Christian burial to the remains of martyrs. God rewarded the veneration they paid His saints by granting them in their turn the supreme gift of martyrdom. After their arrest, Marius and his two sons were beheaded, and Martha was drowned.
INTROIT Ps. 67:4
Let the just feast and rejoice before God; let them rejoice with gladness.
Ps. 67:2. Let God arise, and let His enemies be scattered, and let those who hate Him flee before Him.
V. Glory be . . .
Hear, O Lord, the prayers of Your people and Your saints who intercede for them. Grant us peace in this life and Your assistance to attain eternal life. Through Our Lord . . .
Commemoration of SAINT CANUTE, MARTYR
During the eleventh century King St. Canute of Denmark was one of the missionary rulers who spread the Faith of Scandinavia. Rebels rose against him and murdered him at Odense in 1086.
O God, You have added glory to Your Church by granting to the blessed king Canute the gift of miracles and the crown of martyrdom. May we walk in the footsteps of Your saint and follow our Lord's own path of suffering, so that we too may enter into everlasting happiness. Through Our Lord . . .
EPISTLE Heb. 10:32-38
Brethren, call to mind the former days, wherein, being illuminated, you endured a great fight of afflictions. And on the one hand indeed, by reproaches and tribulations, were made a gazingstock; and on the other, became companions of them that were used in such sort. For you both had compassion on them that were in bands and took with joy the being stripped of your own goods, knowing that you have a better and a lasting substance. Do not therefore lose your confidence which hath a great reward. For patience is necessary for you: that, doing the will of God, you may receive the promise. "For yet a little and a very little while, and he that is to come will come and will not delay. But my just man liveth by faith."
GRADUAL Sap. 3:1, 2, 3
The souls of the just are in the hands of God, and the torment of death shall not touch them. V. In the sight of the unwise they appeared to perish, but they are in peace.
Alleluia, alleluia! V. Ps. 67:36
Our God is wonderful in His saints.
GOSPEL Matt. 24:3-13
At that time, as Jesus was sitting on mount Olivet, the disciples came to him privately, saying: "Tell us when shall these things be? And what shall be the sign of thy coming and of the consummation of the world?" And Jesus answering, said to them: "Take heed that no man seduce you. For many will come in my name saying, 'I am Christ.' And they will seduce many. And you shall hear of wars and rumours of wars. See that ye be not troubled. For these things must come to pass: but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: And there shall be pestilences and famines and earthquakes in places.
"Now all these are the beginnings of sorrows. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted and shall put you to death: and you shall be hated by all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be scandalized and shall betray one another and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise and shall seduce many. And because iniquity hath abounded, the charity of many shall grow cold. But he that shall persevere to the end, he shall be saved."
OFFERTORY ANTIPHON Ps. 123:7
Our soul has been rescued like a bird from the fowler's snare; the snare has been broken and we are free.
Look favorably on the prayers and offerings of Your people, O Lord. may this celebration of the feast of Your saints please You and bring us Your merciful help. Through Our Lord . . .
Commemoration of SAINT CANUTE
O Lord, let the prayers of Your saints whom we honor by this sacred rite make our offering acceptable to You, so that it may aid our salvation. Through Our Lord . . .
COMMUNION ANTIPHON Luke 12:4
But I say to you, my friends, "Do not be afraid of those who persecute you."
May the prayers of Your saints win forgiveness for us, O Lord. Grant that the Sacrifice we offer in this life may be our everlasting possession in the life to come. Through Our Lord . . .
Commemoration of SAINT CANUTE
We are refreshed by the reception of Your sacred Gift, O Lord. May the prayers of Your blessed martyr Canute make us feel the benefit of the sacred rite we have performed. Through Our Lord . . .